According to the season you are coming, please plan to dress accordingly. This is not a one-size-fits-all guideline because of the unpredictability of Muizenberg’s weather, but it would be wisest to have a generic plan.
- Winter (About 10 to 20 Degrees Celsius): June – August – Chilly and wet!
Spring (About 13 to 23 Degrees Celsius): September – November
Summer (About 17 to 30 Degrees Celsius): December – February – Warm and dry!
Autumn/Fall (About 13 to 23 Degrees Celsius): March – May
- 3 Sets of Casual Wear (For classes and general activities)
- 1 Set of Semi-formal Wear (For church and special events)
- 1 Set of Swimwear (Be VERY modest.)
For Men: No speedos or trunks. Only board shorts.
For Women: A full one-piece bathing suit. No two-piece. Contact your church if you are unsure what an one-piece looks like.
- Sweater and Windbreaker (Muizenberg is known for its gusts of wind)
- Winter Jacket (For duh! winter)
1 Set for Hiking (Cape Town is known for hiking mountains with picturesque sights)
1 Set for Special Events
1 Set for Sports (Can be the same one for hiking to save space)
1 Set of Casual (Flip-flops/Sandals)
- Socks and Underwear (Please do the community a favour and bring more than enough!)
*Please note that everything mentioned above can be bought from a local shopping mall nearby and you may need to buy new clothes depending on which outreach location you will go to.