WHY DO WE EXIST?
Many students in resource limited settings are failing to grasp the basics of education in the foundational phase of school (grade 1-4) which leads to a poor education standard and a lack of confidence resulting in a continuation of the poverty cycle, and a lack of hope for their future lives. We exist to break the cycle, inject hope into their lives and give them a chance to receive a better education
Our vision is for healthy, growing kids to know they are loved by God, to be equipped with the basics of education, and to be motivated about their future – schooling; healthy lifestyles; God’s plan for their lives.
WHAT DO WE DO?
After school we provide a safe place, a family atmosphere and a nurturing attitude where kids can learn Maths, English and Xhosa and learn about health and hygiene issues under the umbrella of God’s love, to build self-esteem and confidence in each child
HELPING KIDS GROW
• Grow in education
• Grow in the knowledge of health (physical, emotional)
• Grow in the knowledge of God
- We provide a meal
- We help with their homework
- We teach and tutor:
- Health Care – hygiene, cleaning and binding wounds, fluoride treatment for teeth, basic healthcare
- Bible story time
- Daily play time with educational toys
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Volunteering with any of the above activities
- Giving financially, through monthly support, one time gifts or child sponsorship
- Donations in kind – books, school supplies, Voucher for groceries, educational toys